Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Maturing Set by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
It's time for another card using the recently released Maturing Set (Sku #4570) - one of the 2015 Front & Backs sets:
 This was a fun card to make!  There was a fair bit of colouring involved, but the new Maturing Dies (Sku #4612) make the assembly so much easier!  I have several photos to show you the steps:
 I use pieces of washi tape to secure the die in place over my coloured image, then run it through my Cuttlebug:

 Before assembling my card base completely, I cut an oval out of the base, and a slightly larger scalloped oval out of my patterned papers:

 Once the base was complete, I glued the die cut stamped images together, then adhered them to the inside of the card, with the cake hanging out over the front of the oval:


 There are four new Front & Back sets available HERE in the Ai store, along with their matching dies.
Happy Stamping everyone!

7 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Super cute! Great job coloring this group. I'm so excited about the dies. It makes it so much easier!

Joan V said...

Love it. I haven't been blogging lately, but I see Ai has dies. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Day said...

Joan - you'll want to check out the store on the Ai website: www.artimpressions.com there are dies for the Front & Backs, Mini Front & Backs and there may be a few more released this spring!

Katie Skiff said...

So happy they have dies!! I love this card, the image is so fun, but then your coloring rocks it!!

Cheri Burry said...

Great card! As always your colouring is awesome! Wonderful instructions too!

Sharon Caudle said...

Seriously...could this be any cuter???!!!! Nuh-uh...I don't think so!!! I ADORE this, Karen$!! Fantastic card and gorgeous coloring!

Kerry said...

OMGosh, so so cute!!! So fun and awesome card! :)